Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dwarf Hamsters

Since young, I am fond of animals and wanted to take dwarf hamsters as pets or a small kitten. But my mother is allergic to furry animals, so what we (my siblings & I) had were some fighting fish and guppies.

The BIG day finally came when my girl asked for a dwarf hamster as pet for her birthday. At first, my husband refused, stating hamsters are smelly bla bla bla.... But he had to give up after persistent pleading from my daughter. Hooray!!! We had a dwarf hamster finally!



Our first dwarf hamster stayed with us for 2.5 years. Fluffy was only 1 month old when he became our family member. He was very active and liked to run in his exercise ball. His favorites were rolled oats, sesame seeds and sweet corn.

One month after Fluffy went to heaven due to old age, we brought home another dwarf hamster, Roof. Roof likes to eat broccoli and cooked brown rice. He is an active little guy which made a lot of squeaking noise on the first 2 days at his new home. My husband said Roof is more smelly than Fluffy..... Maybe because of what he eats?